Upon submitting the manuscript, the authors must attest the followings:
- The submitted manuscript is original and has never been published in any other journal so far, and also it is not under the consideration for publication in any other journal.
- They have secured prior right or permission to reproduce any material (text, picture, graph etc.) incorporated in the manuscript that registered or owned by copyright owner or publisher.
- Once the author/s submits his/her or their manuscript along with the letter which attests the above listed terms, then the author/s shall be given a letter of confirmation of receipt of the manuscript through emails or printed letter.
- Preliminary reviewing of articles by the EB should not be more than six weeks.
- If an article fails to meet the standards of the Journal either at the preliminary review under the Editorial Board or later on by the Review/Referee Board, then the Office of Editor-in-Chief shall inform the decisions and comments to the author not later than 7 days after receiving the comments respectively.
- To avoid plagiarism, all papers will go through the software of detecting plagiarism. If cases of plagiarism, data falsification, image manipulation, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise, the papers/articles will be rejected automatically.
- Any fact that might be perceived as a possible conflict of interest of the author(s) must be disclosed in the paper prior to submission.
- Illustrations, graphs, tables must not be used from other sources for copyright reasons. The author is responsible for understanding and following the principles that govern the fair use of quotations and illustrations and for obtaining written permission to publish, where necessary.
- Accuracy in citations and references is the author’s responsibility.
- If errors and inaccuracies are found by the authors after publication of their paper, they need to be promptly communicated to the Office of the Editor-in-Chief of PJGD so that possible actions can be taken.
- The views expressed in the articles/reviews/reports/commentaries etc. published in PanAfrican Journal of Governance and Development (PJGD) are those of respective authors/reviewers/researchers. The University or Department or the Editorial Board shall in no way responsible for them.